is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to foster the sport
of dressage by encouraging participation in competitions,
demonstrations, lectures and other activities, which increase knowledge
and understanding of good horsemanship.
Memberships run from January 1st to December 31st. Renewals due by March 1st.
Senior memberships must be renewed with National prior to April 1st to retain voting privileges.
What does MICA provide for it's Members?
1. Privileges of Membership:
2. Benefits of Membership:
3. Activities (provided mainly by local volunteers):
supporting membership will give people the opportunity to show their
support to MICA without the high fees of a regular membership. This is a
great option for coaches, parents, and friends. Is a supporting
membership beneficial to you or somebody you know?
Benefits of a supporting membership:
- Invitation to all MICA social events, including the yearly Holiday party
- Invitation to all non-riding clinics and educational events
- Invitation to all MICA meetings (non-voting)
- Supporting members will receive the bi-monthly newsletter direct to their inbox
- Along with MICA members, supporting members will get priority postings in the well-read newsletter (such as member updates, classifieds, events, etc)
- If you are a coach, business card is shown on the MICA coaches website
* Please note MICA’s website has had over 6500 page views in the past year by nearly 2500 viewers, on average 10% of these people view coaches
Restrictions of a supporting membership:
- Supporting members are not eligible for year-end awards or prizes
- Supporting members do not receive rider benefits such as show discounts
- Supporting members will be members of Mid Island Cadora only; not Cadora BC
- Supporting members will not receive a free omnibus with membership
- Supporting members will not be able to vote at MICA meetings (but will be able to attend meetings and voice their opinions freely to members)